During the 1940’s the women again shouldered the varied activities of war work while keeping the club alive and growing with courage and vision. As men went to war, women filled in temporarily - like member Jane Lanier who became a welder.
Later, the clubhouse needed re-decorating and a new roof. The club aided the city project of developing a recreational park for Negroes and provided playground equipment for the new Wildwood Park.
The evening coterie was established, providing a pleasurable way for career women to also enjoy club activities. A choral group was formed as the 1950’s began. The club provided medicines to needy children and flags to all the elementary schools in the city. Club membership grew to 788 again. A monthly bulletin was sent to every member.
Classes and programs continued, scholarships were given to Seminole Indians, a fireplace was donated to the Girl Scout Camp and a 15 foot high cross on a raft was displayed in Mirror Lake during Christmas & Easter.
The club provided materials to build a blockhouse for the Seminole Village at Dania. Equipment was donated to Kathryn Payne Rehab Center and to Mound Park Hospital (now Bayfront Medical Center). A storeroom was built off the patio and car parking spaces provided.
In 1960 new heating & air conditioning was installed and the club assumed a debt of $22,500.00. A community clothes closet was begun. St. Petersburg Woman’s Club won a state Federation award for raising the most money to support Radio Free Europe. They also initiated the idea of St. Petersburg becoming the sister city of Takamatsu, Japan.